- 10 & 11 Year Olds Gift Guide
- 12 Year Olds & Teens Gift Guide
- 8 & 9 Year Olds Gift Guide
- Big Kid & Grown Up Toys
- Pathfinders Science Toys
- S.T.E.M. & Science Toys, Kits & Books
- Toys for 10 & 11 Year Olds
- Toys for 8 & 9 Year Olds
- Toys for Kids 12 & Up (Teens)
- Wooden Toys
- Wooden Toys for 8 & 9 Year Olds
- trebuchet kit
The trebuchet is one of the most fearsome Medieval weapons around. It used counter-balancing to hurl giant rocks and even flaming balls at castles. With this trebuchet kit, you can build your own for all your block-fortress needs! Experiment with adding different weights to the hollow wooden box on top of the model, to see how it affects the distance. But be careful, this thing can really go.
The kit comes with everything you need to build one working wooden trebuchet model- all the pre-cut pieces and crystal-clear instructions. The trebuchet itself is quite sturdy; each piece is pegged together with wooden dowels giving it more stability then if it was simply glued. The brain child of a high school science teacher, this kit is designed to both educate and entertain.
- ages 9 and up
- takes 1 to 2 hours to finish
- finished model measures 26 x 18 inches
- box measures 20" long (trebuchet when built is approx. 12.5" tall)
meaningful toys, our best play tips,
and members only flash sales!