- Leonardo da Vinci ornithopter kit
Leonardo da Vinci ornithopter kit
This ornithopter kit is created from a design of Leonardo da Vinci, who was long fascinated by the idea of human flight. This model features a pilot wearing an ornithopter attached to a set of functioning wooden gears for you to turn and let the pilot take flight!
This kit comes with everything you need to build one working wooden ornithopter model- all the wooden pieces, glue, and crystal-clear instructions. The ornithoptor itself is quite sturdy; each piece is pegged together with wooden dowels giving it more stability then if it was simply glued. The brain child of a high school science teacher, this kit is designed to both educate and entertain.
- ages 9 and up
- takes 1 to 2 hours to finish
- finished model measures 17 x 23 x 12 inches
- box measures 6 x 3 x 7 inches
From Our Blog
- Fun With Miniatures
- We are obsessed with miniatures! It’s no surprise as miniatures have been taking the macro photography world by storm. Preiser...
- top toys - wooden toys
- We believe the right toys contribute to a positive, healthy childhood and help build life long skills. So we thought...
- top toys - arts and crafts
- We believe the right toys contribute to a positive, healthy childhood and help build life long skills. So we thought long...
- snap circuits
- Want to build a flying saucer? How about a burglar alarm? Snap Circuits make learning about electronics easy and fun! The...